The palliative nursing provided was of a standard which far surpassed anything we could have hoped for.The family of a patient of St Ann’s Hospice
All quotations are used with permission.
St Ann’s Hospice at a glance.
- Only a third of our funding comes from the NHS, the rest comes from donations – we need to raise £16,000 every day
- Almost 94p in every £1 raised is spent on patient care
- All our services are free
- We help around 3,000 people every year
- We serve a population of around 1.2 million people (from across Greater Manchester and parts of Cheshire)
- Around 40% of people return home from St Ann’s Hospice after receiving care
- Our services are provided by around 300 outstanding Hospice employees
- We’re helped by nearly 800 enthusiastic volunteers
- We help people with a range of conditions, cancer and non-cancer
- We celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2011, making us one of the oldest Hospices in the country
- St Ann’s Hospice has 3 locations, providing care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 2 of those – with support 7 days a week within the community
- On top of the £16,000 a day we have to raise just to keep our doors open, we have a ’wish list’ to raise the additional funds needed to maintain our buildings and provide more specialist equipment
- We have 15 charity shops, including our specialist wedding, vintage and furniture shops