It is very peaceful and relaxing. It is a day I really look forward to.Day care patient
All quotations are used with permission.
What our patients say
So that we carry on providing the best care possible, St Ann’s Hospice conducts a survey to get the views of patients on the services they have received.
In 2010/2011 we held an Anonymous Survey of St Ann’s Hospice Ward and Daycare Patients. A total of 85/148 (57%) patients returned a completed questionnaire, and the full results can be found on our poster by clicking here.
Here are some of the results of an anonymous survey of St Ann’s Hospice patients conducted between 1 July 2008 and 28 February 2009. (A total of 81/151 (53%) patients returned a completed questionnaire).
This is what you said we did really well
- Staff introducing themselves to you 98%
- Your confidence in the staff looking after you 96%
- Giving you the opportunity to ask questions 94%
- Staff explaining what they were doing 95%
- Meeting your individual needs 94%
- Cleanliness of the hospice 93%
- Staff courtesy and respect for your privacy 93%
- Involving you in planning your care 91%
- The general hospice environment 89%
- Overall day care transport 93%
- Availability of daycare staff to help when needed 92%
- Ensuring you are aware how to call for help on the ward 87%
This is where we found scope for improvement
- 53% of you were aware of our day care leaflet
- 57% of you were aware of the bedside booklet
- 60% of you knew what to do if you wanted to make a complaint
This is what we’re doing about it
- We will continue to include the day care leaflet in the letter sent to you with your first appointment.
- We will ensure our ward clerks check there is a bedside booklet on the locker for each patient admitted.
- Our complaints process will be displayed at reception on all 3 hospice sites and will be included in all of our patient information leaflets.