St Ann’s is launching a new networking event that offers the chance for like-minded people from businesses across Greater Manchester to network over breakfast.
The ticket price includes tea, coffee and breakfast pastries, and all profits go towards caring for local people with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
As well as providing an opportunity to make important connections with other business people from across Greater Manchester whilst supporting our charity, there are other key benefits to networking too:
- Networking is a fantastic way to generate new business. By meeting new people, you create potential business links for the future.
- Networking opens you up to opportunities not just with the people in the room, but also to their contacts. You never know who someone might be connected to.
- Networking is a great way to grow your confidence. There aren’t many of us out there who enjoy walking into a room of strangers and starting a conversation, but the more you do it, the less daunting it becomes, and to the point where you may even find it enjoyable! As you get to know people you’ll start to see familiar faces in the room too and it’s a great chance to catch up with clients.
- Inviting a client or friend to networking is a great way to grow your business contacts and give something back by introducing them to another business contact who may be beneficial to them. Both parties will thank you in the long run which may even lead to them returning the favour.
- If you’re looking for a new supplier it can be a great way to have an informal chat and even gain more product information than just picking up the phone or sending an email. If your supplier really understands your business and gets to know you, you’re more likely to get the most suited product for your need and maybe a better price!
- Raising your own personal profile. Whether you’re selling a new product or service or not, getting out there meeting people extends your network and raises your profile.
We understand that networking can be extremely daunting so here are our three top tips to get you going!
- Giving advice doesn’t cost anything, and can build trust that you know what you’re talking about. Someone might not need your product or service right now, but when they come to need it they’ll remember your act of kindness
- Don’t hard sell. Networking is about relationship building, not selling. How do you know if the person you’re speaking to wants your product or service without getting to know them? Building a strong relationship with someone is much more likely to result in profitable business.
- Don’t be afraid to say hello. If you’re feeling nervous, don’t worry. Chances are the people you speak to will have been in your shoes before or may be just as nervous. Wait for a break in conversation and just say hello.
To find out more about the networking event or to buy your tickets, click here, contact Jo or Helen on 0161 498 2092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your business looking to support a charity?
Choosing to support St Ann’s as a business benefits both us and you, and can be a really rewarding partnership with lots of opportunities for team building, boosting morale and having some fun!Find out more here