• I embrace and support change to our services and the way we deliver them, in order to improve the quality of care to our patients.
• I am reliable, flexible and understand that we exist for our patients, families and carers. I recognise my responsibility to raise any concerns I may have in the right way, at the right time, to the right person.
• I welcome feedback and I am able to offer appreciative and constructive feedback. I take every opportunity to think about how I can improve the service I deliver, and the way I do my job.
• I demand the best from myself and others.
• I learn from my experiences and take time to reflect.
• I understand that I am able to ask for help and support, and that it is my responsibility to ask.
• I am always positive about our hospice when outside work.
Professionalism is to not only be working at my best but to also represent the best example of where I work. Kath Tweed, Healthcare Assistant