The current climate has greatly impacted our funding, with many of our large-scale events and other activities being postponed or cancelled, however, we’ve been brainstorming and have come up with a few ways in which you can support our hospice, whilst ensuring that you keep safe.
Here are a few ideas in which you can show your support for St Ann’s.
From Fuel to Funds
Working from home, why not donate the cost of your commute? On average a person spends £23.50 on a weekly train ticket and £67.63 on fuel for the month – a donation of this kind helps our hospice to offer outstanding care and support with a broad range of services and amenities.
Brew for Who?
Luxury teas and coffees are often the morning saviour and during lockdown you’ve no doubt saved a fortune. Why not donate a proportion to us?
Put your colleagues to the test and join your teammates on Zoom with a lunchtime quiz. Break up the day with a sponsored quiz by simply setting up a JustGiving page to collect donations.
Dress up Friday
Joggers and PJs are the standard attire during lockdown, now we’re asking you to fold them up and dress it up with a unique twist on the traditional dress down day. Show off your style on a team video chat and set up a JustGiving page to collect donations.
Coronavirus Swear Jar
The entire world is talking about the Coronavirus, how many times a day do you say it? Instead of your typical swear jar, we’re asking you to put £1 into a jar whenever you reference ‘Coronavirus,’ ‘covid’ and ‘social distancing’ and donate the collection to St Ann’s. You can pay your collection online, via our donation page.
School Uniform Day
Are your children missing wearing their school uniform? Why not sponsor them to wear their school uniform for a day, week or even the rest of lockdown? You can even get family and friends supporting school uniform lockdown look by setting up a JustGiving page.
Your donations really do make a difference and help our hard-working doctors, nurses, clinical teams, housekeepers, catering staff and other experts at the hospice to continue to deliver outstanding care and support to our patients and their loved ones.
Did you know…
- £5.60 could help us to keep our drinks trolley stocked for patients to enjoy
- £8.55 could pay for food for a day for one of our inpatients
- £10.85 could help us to continue providing TVs and wifi for inpatients to enjoy during their stay
- £20.60 could pay for a hand or foot massage with one of our therapists to help a patient or carer relax
- £20.60 could pay for a complementary therapy session for a patient or carer
- £30.25 could pay for time for a patient to receive specialist support from a psychological support team member to help identify when some extra or different help is needed
- £30.60 could pay for a bereavement session for a loved one with our specialist team
- £59.85 could pay for food for a week for one of our inpatients
- £85.24 could allow us to run our ambulance for a day
Every donation made really does make a difference to our patients and their families, friends and carers, at such a vulnerable time for them.