What is the Midday Walk?
Our successful Manchester Midnight Walk, a 10km sponsored walk through Manchester City Centre, is now in its 13th year. Now we want to get schools, nurseries and youth groups involved walking for St Ann’s!
As a local charity, we want to get all children and young people in Greater Manchester walking and raising money for St Ann’s Hospice!
Pick a distance to suit you, and put your best foot forward and take on this sponsored walk to raise vital funds.
How will it benefit you?
- Exercise is good for children’s health and wellbeing
- Builds a sense of common purpose
- Good team building and sense of community spirit
- Shows a great example of how to give back
- Allows children an insight into hospices and the work they do
- Could help any children who may have been affected by grief to focus on supporting charity in a positive way
It would be great if we could get as many groups taking part on the same date as our Midnight Walk – Friday 26th April.
Put your best foot forward and follow these five simple steps…
1. Tell us that you are taking part!
Call or email us on 0161 498 3631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can support you.
2. Choose a date to hold your Midday Walk
We recommend allowing at least a month for children to raise those vital funds.
3. Plan your route
Do you want to do 1km/2km/3km or even 10km? Could you do laps of your playground or school field?
Did you know?
You can plan a distance really easily on Google Maps by right clicking ‘measure distance’ and then clicking around your route.
4. Tell everyone what you’re doing!
Get everyone involved so they can get excited about it and behind you all!
5. Raise sponsorship!
Give each child a sponsor form to take home. You could also set up an online fundraising page for your school or group.
Hints and tips
- Get children to get arty and design posters to promote the event and make accessories to wear on the walk.
- Make it fun – you could set competitions and off er prizes for the top fundraiser etc.
To sign up your school or group to take part in the Manchester Midday Walk please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
For more details please download the information pack below or contact the team on 0161 498 3631 or email email@example.com.