These services address both physical and psychological issues, and are offered to each person dependent on their specific needs.
The following services are available:
- Lymphoedema management
- Occupational therapy
- Assessment and interventions such as fatigue management
- Palliative medical outpatients to assist with symptom control
- Physiotherapy assessment & interventions such as breathlessness management
- Specialist psychological support for anxiety, depression and stress
- Dietetic support
- Spiritual support
- Complementary therapies
- Social care and welfare advice
- Support for living with and beyond life-limiting illness
Please note: Not all these services are available across our three sites in Little Hulton, Heald Green and the Neil Cliffe Centre.
How you can be referred
You can be referred through your GP, palliative care specialist nurse (including Macmillan and District Nurses) and a doctor or consultant at a hospital. The services most relevant to you will be agreed with you during a meeting with a nurse who will be your key worker. They’ll regularly review your progress and ensure you’re receiving the care which is best for you.