We are challenging you to complete 5km a day during Hospice Care week (9th – 15th October) to help us reach our £2 million target for our new Heald Green hospice. You can walk, run, swim, cycle or combine all four, in your own time and at your own pace. There is no registration fee and every penny you raise will help us to build our new hospice.
We’ll send you a FREE St Ann’s snood to wear with pride throughout the challenge! We would love you to join in and raise what you can to help us build it together!
How it works
- Join our Facebook group and follow the instructions to register for the challenge.
- We’ll send you a FREE St Ann’s snood to wear with pride throughout the challenge.
- Complete your challenge during Hospice Care week and share your progress in our private Facebook group, where we’ll support you all the way.
- Ask your friends, family, colleagues and neighbours to sponsor you throughout your challenge.
- Don’t worry if you’re not on Facebook you can still register here.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the 5km a day in October Challenge all about?
The 5km a day in October Challenge is a fundraising challenge for the St Ann’s Hospice Build it Together new hospice appeal. Join hundreds of incredible St Ann’s Hospice supporters in taking on this challenge from 9th – 15th October. You can complete your Kilometres however you like – run, walk, cycle or swim (or a combination of all four)! The important thing is to get out and get moving to raise funds for St Ann’s Build it together Appeal.
- How do I get started?
The first thing to do is join our Facebook Group. Click Join Now to register, get your free snood, meet other amazing fundraisers, and get loads of tips and ideas for your challenge.
- Do I have to be on Facebook to take part?
You can still take part if you aren’t on Facebook by registering with this link and then setting up a JustGiving page. However if you are on Facebook, it really helps us if you fundraise through that platform. We’re a small team and using the platform helps us provide you with more support and it helps us streamline our admin.
- Do I have to set up a JustGiving page?
If you would prefer to raise money using a sponsor form that’s no problem. Sponsor forms will be sent out when you register or will be available to download.
- Is there a minimum fundraising amount?
For this challenge we have set a sponsorship target of £150, all we ask is that you fundraise as best as you can. Your fundraising will go towards our Build it Together appeal to build a new St Ann’s Hospice at Heald Green.
- Can I be sponsored by someone who doesn’t use JustGiving?
If someone would like to donate to your challenge and they don’t use JustGiving, they can donate via our website and comment that they are sponsoring you. Or you can collect their donation offline using the paper sponsor forms that will be provided.
- Can I include my normal daily steps as part of my distance?
Yes! We are happy for you to make the challenge personal to yourself, so if it makes sense for you to include those steps, we are happy for you to do so.
- How should I track my kilometres?
It’s completely up to you! There’s lots of apps and trackers available, or you could go for good old fashioned pen and paper, why not ask others in the Facebook group?
- I want to do more than 5 kilometres a day – can I still take part?
Of course! This challenge is your challenge, so if you want to increase the target, go for it! Every kilometre you complete will make a difference, the important thing is getting out and raising vital funds for St Ann’s new hospice.
- I’m not able to complete 5 kilometres a day – can I still take part?
Of course! This challenge is for everyone, and every kilometre you complete will make a difference, the important thing is getting out and raise vital funds for St Ann’s new hospice.
- Any other questions?
Get in touch email@example.com