To make fundraising for us even easier, we’ve partnered with JustGiving to give you the ability to create your own online fundraising page.
In just minutes you can build and customise your page, then start sharing the link with your friends, family and colleagues and asking them to make a donation. Every donation is then recorded on your fundraising page along with a message of support from your donors. Also as your supporters sponsor you online you no longer need to chase people after the event to collect the money!
Go to the JustGiving web page to set up your own online sponsorship page then follow these steps below to create your page:
1. Click ‘Fundraise for us’
2. Log in or create a new account
3. Let us know whether you’re taking part in an organised event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing.
4. If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity.
5. Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
6. Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
8. Click ‘Create your page’.
9. You and your friends can also create team fundraising pages, once your supporter page is set up and you’re logged in go to ‘fundraising’ and click on the ‘start a new team’ link and give your team a fantastic name.
Our top tips for fundraising:
- Set yourself a fundraising target.
- Personalise your page – tell your story of why you are supporting St Ann’s and include pictures.
- Share your page using social media – and tag St Ann’s in so we can share it too.
- Write regular updates and share photos to show people how your training for an event.
- The sooner you start… the more you raise, so what are you waiting for activate your online fundraising page now!