Please note, we will only be accepting donations on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Please don’t leave donations on doorsteps as they will get ruined by rain/animals etc, or stolen. In light of current events, we have updated many of our services, please click here for more information.
Thanks for all your support during this uncertain time.
Examples of donations we can accept:
- Wedding dresses and bridal wear
- Books/audio books
- Toiletries (unused)
- Unwanted gifts
- Unusual/Collectable items
- Furniture (all soft furnishings must have a fire label)
- Full dinner services
- Bedding/bed linen
- Pictures/picture frames
- Gardening tools/furniture
- Alarm clocks
- Mobile phones
- Kitchen appliances
- New or unused toner cartridges (we are unable to recycle used cartridges)
- DVD Players
Donations we can’t accept:
- Soft furnishings (sofas, rugs, mats and cushions) without fire labels or covers
- Heating and cooking items such as gas appliances, oil heaters and oil filled radiators
- Safety equipment such as firefighting equipment
- Software and hardware such as home-recorded items and computer hard drives
- Weapons, including knives, swords and firearms
- Perishable goods, cleaning agents
- Ivory items
- Used animal beds/cages
- Medical items such as commode’s, crutches, mobility devices for specific height and weights, prescription spectacles,
- Mobility scooters without correct documentation
- Car seats
- Skateboards, roller skates, crash and bike helmets
- Clothes/coat hangers
To donate your unwanted items you can:
- Take items to one of our charity shops during opening hours – please do not leave bags outside the shops when they are closed.
- Drop off your items at the donation stations at one of our hospice sites.
- Arrange a collection by contacting us on 0161 477 7839 or for large items or furniture donations call 0161 445 7990.
What we can collect:
Before organising your collection please check that:
- All furniture items are in good condition, clean and complete, and (where appropriate) that they work correctly.
- All upholstered furniture has a fire label attached. For sets, i.e. a three piece suite, dining chairs etc., each individual item must have its own fire label.
- White goods – as long as they’re in good condition.
What we can’t collect:
Due to the cost of providing a collection service we only collect furniture that is suitable for sale in our specialist shops. Our drivers are briefed on items that are suitable so please do not be offended if we are unable to accept your donation at point of collection.
We are unable to accept the following:
- Items that are ripped, torn or stained
- Furniture showing evidence of woodworm