What information do we collect about you?
We collect your personal information when you ask about our activities, take part in our events, join our lottery, make donations and sign up to our newsletters and updates. We may also collect information about organisations and prospective contacts from publicly available sources of information. We will keep records of your personal information in either paper or electronic forms. Details of the information we process include, but are not limited to:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address, age and gender
- Dietary Requirements (if applicable to the event)
- Payment information and donation history
- Records of consent and correspondence between you and St Ann’s
- Photographs, quotes, or video footage when you have taken part in our events
Please note: St Ann’s will collect children’s data with the consent of a parent or guardian and will only correspond with the parent or guardian. The information of children will not be shared and we do not correspond with children under the age of 18.
Why do we process your information?
The information that you provide is used for fundraising event/campaign management:
- To keep a record of your application and provide you with information relating to the event
- To provide a safe environment for the events to take place
- To process income from the events
We may also process your information for purposes that are not linked to fundraising events management:
- To provide a transparent audit trail for income received and comply with fundraising regulation for the receipt of donations
- To claim gift aid on donations from the HMRC with your consent
- To keep a log of supporter preferences to help us understand specific interests and trends in monies raised
- To keep current and potential supporters informed about hospice fundraising and events that may be of interest
- Where you have provided consent, we may use photographs, videos and quotes of/from you to publicise the hospice and our activities
We may also share your information with other organisations when we are required to do so by law, for example:
- If we are sent a request from the Police under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- If there is a need to protect and safeguard vulnerable children and adults
- If we receive a formal order from a court acting in their judiciary capacity
How do we process your information lawfully?
In the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations, processing of your personal information must be done fairly, lawfully and transparently. St Ann’s will only process information relating to you as long as there is a lawful basis in line with the legislation and it is necessary for us to do so. The following legal bases are commonly relied upon:
- Contract – to process your information in order to perform our contract with you, for example when you sign up to our fundraising events and lottery, make donations and buy goods/services from us.
- Legitimate interest – to process your data to support the fundraising activities of the organisation, for example when we contact you by post to keep you updated about fundraising events. You have the right to object to this type of processing.
- Legal obligation – to comply with the law, for example when we keep a record of donations and Gift Aid for the purpose of financial audit in line with The Company Act 2006.
- To send you information relating to our fundraising via electronic means, in line with Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation.
- To apply for Gift Aid against your donations.
Please note: If you have given consent you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, this will not affect the legality of activities that used the information before the withdrawal.
Which other organisations do we work with?
In order for St Ann’s to operate, we need to engage with other organisations for the provision of some services. The organisations that we work with must only act with our written approval, and must not sub-contract their services without our written consent. Examples of contracted services includes:
- Event/Lottery Sign-up – we work with organisations to advertise our events and provide online sign up facilities, for example Eventbrite, LPS and SEC.
- Event Management – we work with organisations who help us to put on a variety of fundraising events, examples include Great Adventure Challenges, Great Run Company and Manchester Half Marathon
- Data Management – all donor/supporter information and correspondence are managed through an electronic database called Raiser’s Edge NXT, which used by a number of charitable organisations. In order to manage our lottery service, we use an electronic system called Combase.
- Mailing and Marketing – we use mailing houses to distribute our event registration packs, Friends Newsletter and other communications, for example Wodehouse and 121 Direct Mail. We also use e-mail marketing systems for example, Blackbaud Net Community and Mailchimp, and printing companies who on occasion receive our print files to make materials for promotional and other purposes, for example Prontaprint, Minuteman, and PrintOn.
- Running Appeals – we work with organisations who provide us with resources for collection tins and online dedications/donations, for example Facebook Donate, Thyngs, Minted Box, Just Giving and Everyday Hero
- Trading – we work with eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Facebook Shop and Instagram Shopping to sell goods for income generation
- Payment Processing – we work with organisations to process payments for donations for example, PayPal, Stripe, Liberty Pay, AIB Merchant Services, Sage Pay, Corvid Paygate and Secure Collections
- Incident Reporting – all incidents are recorded in an electronic database called Sentinel which is hosted by Vantage.
- Research – we also work with organisations to analyse information related to income generation.
In some cases, the information may be entered into specialist software systems that will perform statistical analysis to help us:
- Identify our most popular events
- Understand our revenue generation streams
- Forecast for future campaigns