How does Gift Aid work?
The Government’s Gift Aid scheme allows us to reclaim the tax on your donations to the hospice. If you are a UK taxpayer, by completing the form below we can claim Gift Aid on your donations, which will increase their value by 25% – and it won’t cost you anything.
It’s simple. As soon as you give your permission by completing a Gift Aid declaration form, we can claim the tax back on your donation. This means that a £10 donation will be worth £12.50.
Gift Aid can be applied to donations of any amount – large or small – so whether you give £1 or £100, your donation can help raise much-needed extra funds to support our caring work.
You only have to complete a gift aid form once and we can then claim the tax back on a donation of any amount that has been made to us in the last four years or from any date in the future.
Am I eligible for Gift Aid?
If you are a UK tax payer, yes. Even if you are not employed, you are still eligible if you are paying tax on any of the following:
- Personal or occupational pension.
- Gains on the sale of stocks and shares.
- Bank and building society savings accounts.
- Rental income.
- Overseas and UK investment dividends.
• We need your home address to claim Gift Aid.
• You must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that we reclaim on your donations in the appropriate tax year.
• Please notify us if you change your name or address while the declaration is still in force.
• If you need to cancel your declaration (e.g. if you are no longer a tax payer), you can do so at any time by notifying St Ann’s Hospice.
• If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.
We can also claim Gift Aid on donated items to our shops, find out more about this on our Retail Gift Aid page.
You can either fill in the form online or you can download and complete the form below and send it back to us at: St Ann’s Hospice – Finance Department, St Ann’s Road North, Heald Green, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 3SZ. Any problems call 0161 498 3647.