What information do we collect about you?
In order for us to provide a high quality website and social media service, St Ann’s needs to collect and process personal information about you, for example:
- Cookies – the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our site
- Your name and contact details, and other persons involved in queries/correspondence
- Your name and contact details, and other persons involved in complaints
Why do we process your information?
We will use your information to provide a relevant and efficient web and social media service:
- Cookies measure the number of visits to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors
- To correspond with you relating to your query or complaint
How do we process your information lawfully?
In the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations, processing of your personal information must be done fairly, lawfully and transparently. St Ann’s will only process information relating to you as long as there is a lawful basis in line with the legislation and it is necessary for us to do so. The following legal bases are commonly relied upon:
- Legitimate interest –
- To process your data to help us improve our website and social media sites
- To respond to your queries or complaints
Which other organisations do we work with?
In order for St Ann’s to operate our website, we need to engage with other organisations for the provision of:
- Website Publishing – we use a tool called WordPress to publish the content of our website.
- Website and Social Media Monitoring – we use Google Analytics, Twitter and Facebook Analytics, and Buffer to collect standard user and internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. You cannot be identified from this information.
- Website Maintenance – we work with Reason Digital to maintain the website; this includes:
- Daily back-ups of the site
- Ever-cache technology: proprietary caching technology for massive scalability and speed
- Firewall protection: multiple powerful firewalls between our data and threats
Please note: From time to time our website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other website(s) you visit.