Our St Ann’s nurses walk an average of two miles a day when caring for our patients. Can you walk 30 days in their shoes, and take on our virtual challenge?
Dates: 1st – 30th September
Location: Wherever you want!
What is Step Up?
Simply set yourself a target distance to walk – or run – in the month of September and help us by raising as much money as you can in sponsorship. Choose your target distance a day, and do it your way! Perhaps you could try and match our nurses and take on two miles a day for thirty days? Depending on your stride this is approx 4,000 steps a day. Or, you could try and walk the distance equivalent to walking from our Heald Green site, to our Little Hulton site, to our Neil Cliffe site – 40 miles – in a week – that’s approx 6 miles a day.
It’s up to you! After all, it’s your challenge. 30 days your way, pick your distance, put on your shoes, and you’re off!
Why take part?
Every donation received will enable us to give specialist care to our patients and support their loved ones. Your health will benefit too…
According to NHS Guidelines, adults should aim to be active daily.
The benefits include:
- Reduces the risk of a range of diseases e.g. coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Helps maintain the ability to perform everyday tasks with ease
- Improves self-esteem
- Reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety
The staff at The Foundry stepped up in support of our colleague, whose partner was diagnosed with a rare cancer and received exceptional care at St Ann’s. We wanted to help them both and thank St Ann’s for their amazing work. The Foundry
The challenge is free to enter, all we ask is that you raise as much money in sponsorship as you can for the hospice.
Need more information?
Download your Fundraising Pack below full of advice and tips to help you along the way. Plus there’s a Step Up-ometer on the back of the pack which you can fill in and put up at home or work so the world can see how many steps you have taken, or the distance you have covered for St Ann’s!
Set up your JustGiving fundraising page or if you prefer a paper sponsorship form, you can download below.
Download our social media assets below and update your social pages and include your JustGiving page so everyone knows you’re taking part!
Join our Facebook event page to share your challenge with our community.
If you have any questions or need any help with registration or setting up your fundraising page, contact our fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 498 3631 and we will be very happy to help you.
Download your fundraising pack and social media assets!
- Step Up Fundraising Pack pdf 1.5MB
- Sponsor Form File 471.5KB
- Step Up Facebook Frame image 82.2KB
- Step Up Facebook Profile image 38.2KB
- Step Up Facebook Cover image 224.9KB
- Step Up Facebook Post image 215.8KB
- Step Up Instagram Profile image 20.1KB
- Step Up Instagram Post image 608.6KB
- Step Up Twitter Profile image 123.5KB
- Step Up Twitter Cover image 359.9KB
- Step Up Twitter Post image 340.2KB